IPTV in VLC is one of the most used applications for streaming IPTV channels. VLC media player is a free, open source, portable, cross-platform media player and streaming media server produced by the VideoLAN project. VLC is available for desktop operating systems and mobile platforms, such as Android, iOS, Tizen, Windows 10 Mobile, and Windows Phone.
In this tutorial, we will show you the way to record live shows on VLC. And also how to set up IPTV channels via VLC on your computer. How to record live programs on VLC media player? IPTV in VLC
How to setup IPTV on VLC media player?
After downloading and installing VLC Base on your operating system, proceed with the setup steps.
- Step 1: When the VLC app opens, tap on “Media”.
- Step 2: Click Open Network Stream.
- Step 3: Enter the M3U URL provided by your IPTV distributor and hit play.
- Note: Progressive IPTV providers give you a control panel in which you can setup your M3U url in the dashboard.
- Step 4: Now your playlist is loaded, press the combination between CTRL + L to bring up the playlist.
Here you can choose or search for your favorite channel and start watching live TV..
The most important thing here is the “Caching.” Caching is used if your internet connection is slow or unstable. The setting instructs VLC to store a certain amount of video on your PC before starting to play so that you always have a buffered video to avoid jerky playback.